Why are rules necessary?
What would happen if there were no rules?
What do rules tell me about God?
Two ways a person can live
1 John 2:14-17
- Thinks continually to please self
- Does not take God into thinking
- Considers rules a restriction
- Does not enjoy spiritual things
- Thinks always how to please God
- Behaviour reflects love for God
- Rules assist to enjoy life
- Enjoys fellowship with God
- Matthew 7:12
“Do to others what you want them to do to you. This is the meaning of the law of Moses and the teaching of the prophets.
- Mark 12:30, 31
We are to Love ….
- Are these commandments new? Do they replace the Ten Commandments?
- Deuteronomy 6:5, Leviticus 19:18
1 John 2:6
Divide the Ten Commandments into 2 groups –
|If I love God I will…..
||If I love my neighbour I will ….
God’s law is like a wall to protect our relationship with him, and with our neighbour.
- Philippians 4:8
1 Corinthians 6:19, 20
1 Corinthians 10:31
Why does God want me to have a healthy body?
Proverbs 20:1 Leviticus 10:9, 10 Does alcohol make people spiritual?
Genesis 1:29 Leviticus 11 An optimum diet
Which is more important, whats on the outside or the inside? Is there a link between the two?
Why do you think God gave instructions about what people wear? 1 Peter 3:1-4 1 Timothy 2:9
What are the principles involved in choosing clothing?
How can what’s on the outside reflect what’s on the inside?
1 Peter 5:8
The Devil does not always go about as a roaring lion. Sometimes he tries to put us to sleep spiritually with the cares and temptations of this life in the forms of entertainment, books we read, music, games, language and clothing. All of these affect us spiritually
Protecting the mind
Protecting the body
Protecting what’s really important
Back to Bible Study Index